HUMAN CAPITAL FORMATION IN MCQ
1. In Indian economy for the first time which five year plan considered Human Resources Development an essential aspect for development strategy?
a) 3rd five year plan
b) 5th five year plan
c) 7th five year plan
d) 10th five year plan
2. What does AICTE stand for?
a) All India Council for Technology Education
b) All India Council for Technical Education
c) All India Commission for Technology Education
d) All India Commission for Technical Education
3. Human capital is called an investment that brings:
a) Qualitative improvement in labor
b) Quantitative improvement in labor
4. Human capital and Human Development are .
a) Opposite concepts
b) Different concepts
c) Related concepts
d) Both means are same
5. adversely affect the quality of human capital
a) High growth rate of population
b) High growth rate of employment
c) Deficient manpower planning
d) Both A and C
6. human capital refers to the stock of *
d) All of above
7. People generally, do in search of jobs which give them higher salaries than that
they may get in their native places.
8. Health expenditure directly increases in the economy.
a) Amount of capital
b) Certain amount of profit
c) Supply of healthy labor force
d) Number of industries
9. Education is required for the people because it is capable of…………………………
a) Conferring higher learning capacity on the people
b) Giving people a better social standing and pride
c) Enabling people to make better choices in life
d) Providing knowledge to understand the changes taking place in society.
10. Among these which state has the highest literacy rate in India:
c) Himachal Pradesh
11. A person becomes a human resource when he or she: *
a) Is willing to work
b) Is able to work
c) Belong to a particular age group
d) All the above
12. People at which age group are treated as productive labor force?
13. HDI index rates all countries on a scale *
a) 0 TO 5
b) 0 TO 10
c) 0 TO 1
d) 1 TO -1
14. When did Navodaya Vidyalaya established in India on the concept of Model school?
15. Navodaya Vidyalaya were established to give modern education of goods standard to talented students in
a) Urban area
b) Rural area
c) Only for Physically disabled students
d) Both A and B
16. Individuals invest in education with the objective of:
(a) Increasing their future income
(b) Accelerating the development process
(c) Facilitating adaptation of new technologies
(d) All of these
17. The stock of skill, ability, expertise, education and knowledge in a nation at a point of time known as:
(a) Human development
(b) Human resource
(c) Human capital
(d) None of these
18. Following is the source of human capital formation.
(a) Investment in education
(b) Investment in health
(c) Expenditure on the job training
(d) All of these
19. The objective of midday meal is:
(a) to boost universalization of primary education
(b) to boost the nutritional status of children in schools
(c) to increase enrolment attendance and retention, and also improving the nutritional status of children in school
(d) to boost universalization of upper primary level of education
20. When was Right to Education Act enacted?